El Paso’s Choice For Roof Replacement
Most homeowners do not want to hear the words “roof replacement.” It evokes all kinds of stressful imagery of chaos and nightmarish scenarios of roofers hammering at your roof for weeks, damaged property, and a growing hole in your wallet. If you choose the right roofing company, however, a roof replacement does not have to be a nightmare, and it doesn’t have to break the bank. A group of professionals will work efficiently together to get the job done in a couple of days without major disruption to you or your property. It’s all about hiring the right people for the job and knowing what to expect.
It’s true, replacing your roof is not a job to be taken lightly. There is a lot on the line, after all. A job well-done means that your house is protected from structural damage, fortified against storm damage and that you’ll have a functioning roof for years to come. It means rain, snow, and heat are successfully kept outside where they belong. There might come a time, however, when your roof might be on its last legs or may have suffered extensive damage and requires a full replacement.
How Do I Know If I Need a Roof Replacement?
There are a few signs that indicate it might be time to embark on a roof replacement journey. Some of the things you might notice with your roof as it shows signs of irreparable wear and tear are:
- Broken or cracked shingles
- Shingles are curled or brittle
- Your roof is at least 20 years old
- Dark streaks on certain areas of your roof that might indicate algae
- If your roof looks old and worn
- Dark streaks and stains on the underside of your roof or running down walls
- Shingle granules in the gutter
The Replacement Process
It used to be that homeowners had two choices when it came to a roof replacement. They could either remove or replace all the shingles or add new shingles as a second layer. The latter option is not as popular anymore and is actually prohibited in some jurisdictions. If your area allows it, you might still have the choice, although it is often recommended to get a full replacement.
Depending on your roofing situation, the size of your roof, and other factors, the process may slightly vary, but typically the process for a roof replacement is relatively similar across the board. It will also depend on the kind of roof and roof shingles you are looking to replace.
- We protect the property using tarps or plywood to ensure no damage is done to other parts of the house.
- We remove all of the old shingles and dispose of them properly in a dumpster. Old or damaged flashing is also
removed at this time.
- We perform a thorough roof inspection of the wood decking after the old shingles are replaced.
- Depending on your roof, you might need to make some minor repairs on the plywood or wood sheathings.
- We look for and take care of old flashing around your roof.
- Next, we install the roofing ice and water shield—a protective layer that helps prevent water leaks.
- We lay down the roofing felt layer.
- Install new roofing material.
- We clear up and lean the area and the site.
- Lastly, the crew does a final inspection to ensure that everything is completed and in order.
A well-organized crew for your roof replacement should be able to take care of your roof in one day to a few days. It is a pretty labor-intensive process and requires a crew that understands what they’re doing and is careful about the work at hand. Certain factors, however, may impact the total time it takes. Some of these factors might include the size and condition of your roof, the material you choose, and the weather or climate. For a more precise timeframe, call us for your free estimate.
Choose A D Roofing To Better Protect Your House
A D Roofing is where quality counts. With over 14 years of experience, we understand how to get things done right. Our expert roofers perform the job in an efficient but meticulous manner. Details matter! Quality is our priority. So we focus on laying things down correctly the first time so you don’t have to worry about it later. If you want a job that is done right, call A D Roofing. If you want a 100% guarantee on labor for 10 years, call A D Roofing.